Thursday, August 21, 2014

33/52 - The 52 Project

Well, I am quite late this week, and I am using two photos from my Instagram, which I don't prefer, but we had a very stressful week, what with tiny Vincent hitting his 6-week growth spurt *hard*, and my sweet Teague finally starting to show signs of the stress and frustration of sharing mommy for six weeks. I was exhausted from lack of sleep, and the near-constant nursing of my growing little boy, and from worry and guilt over my oldest baby's hurt and sadness. But, we survived. Vincent jumped a clothing size, seemingly overnight, and mommy and Teague are working on finding each other in the midst of all this craziness and change. It's been rough, but my two boys are unbelievably precious, and I wouldn't trade this experience with my very own babies for anything in the world! Except maybe sleep ;).


Teague - You are precious and darling, especially when you're so proud and delighted to be eating your very first bowl of cereal. Mommy needs to remember this when she is sleep-deprived and your brother is screaming, and you just want some attention. Even when that comes in the form of you joining in the screaming yourself :).


Vincent - I can't even stand your luscious wonderfulness. You filled out so much this week--I can't believe my scrawny little floppy newborn is all but gone! You officially gave us real, happy, huge, crazy baby smiles this week, along with some ridiculously adorable coos and babbles. Every day, you look bigger, cuter, more amazing. I love seeing these tiny glimpses of who you are in there, I just want to know you!! Oh, and the fact that your little baby face looks rather uncannily like MY baby pictures is just icing on the cake :). Your wispy, silky newborn hair still looks red in the sun or under a lamp, so we are hoping that stays! But no matter what, you are our sweet, amazing baby, and we couldn't adore you more!!

"A portrait of my sons, once a week every week in 2014."




No comments:

Post a Comment