Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The 52 Project 5/52

Well, we are a little late this week, due to our desktop computer that has served us well for over five years finally breathing its last breath. According to my extremely smart and technically-savvy husband, the motherboard is fried. All I can think of when he says that is Star Wars, if that gives you any clue as to the extent of my technical computer-y know-how :).

So, I am attempting to post from my husband's laptop. We'll see how this goes.

"A portrait of my son, once a week every week in 2014."

What to say this week? It's been eventful to say the least. This photo ended up capturing quite an accurate description of how life has been for us lately. My lovely electric piano in the left-hand corner is currently a shelf for boxes of Christmas ornaments and decorations that currently have no other place to go. The NFL forced itself into our home in the form of a balloon, given to you, my darling, by an adoring cashier at our grocery store. And you, distracted by something on Sesame Street, almost the only moment I could capture this week in which you were not in un-photographable motion, or trying to get behind the camera yourself. Our life is a bit chaotic right now, but you are unfazed. You're so happy and easily pleased. You're constantly teaching this mommy that worry and anxiety have no place in a world where there are delightful things like balloons, Sesame Street, baskets of toys, and a warm house in which to run and jump and yell and sing. You make me better, baby. I love you so much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment