Wednesday, June 11, 2014

23/52 - The 52 Project

Hello everyone,

I know, I know, I am just so late this week! Our sweet tiny Vincent is due to join us in just two short weeks, and my nesting has kicked in hardcore! I have never experienced such tunnel vision, nor such surges of intense energy and motivation to clean, organize, purge, scrub, wash, and sanitize everything in every room of our house! And, when I'm not nesting like a crazy person, I am cranking out project after project from my sewing machine, serger, and crochet hook! I spend the rest of my time cuddling and (probably weirdly) staring at my darling Teague (never have I felt more urgency to just drink him in), watching hilarious and amazing shows on Netflix with my adorable husband, and...sleeping. Or at least trying to sleep. Sleep is extremely elusive these days. I try to look at it as preparation for all the sleepless days and nights ahead of me :D.

Anyway, all that to say, I am late, but I'm delighted I am here, writing right now. Still hanging in there with this project! It's been wonderful to actually stick with something creative. Amazing for this fledgling artist's self-esteem :).

This week's photo is, sadly, another phone camera photo, but when I look at it, I remember how I felt about my son that day. How I simultaneously felt like laughing and sobbing all day long. How it felt to be so proud of my baby that it literally hurt my chest. How it felt to be so happy to be out in the summer sunshine, browsing slowly through our gorgeous town's annual art fair, to be watching my big boy blissfully darting and dashing and dancing and grinning and exclaiming with unbridled joy at everything, to be spending time with adored friends and their precious baby, and to be feeling my sweet Vincent's feet and elbows and tiny body shifting around inside me, as much a part of my day as the already-born people around me. The past few years have been difficult ones for me. In so many innumerable ways. But just this year, just this beautiful, crazy, insane, change-filled year, I've been seeing the fruits of my struggles. And I've been feeling joy. And I'm just so grateful.


"A portrait of my son once a week, every week in 2014."

Teague Jackson, you make this mama so proud. 



No comments:

Post a Comment