Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The 52 Project - 12/52

Well, it snowed this morning. This mommy was not happy. This lil boy was unfazed.

"A portrait of my son once a week, every week in 2014."

Teague Jackson, I absolutely love when you sit on the couch like a big person. You climbed up there yourself, tucked your little foot under, and delightedly watched some Toy Story. We've had a rough couple of weeks, you and I. Mommy is just so tired and sore and pregnant, and you are...well, you're two, my darling. Tomorrow you officially turn two and a half, and you're simultaneously furiously pushing mommy away with both tiny hands and ferociously and shockingly loudly clinging to me at the least suggestion of separation. All day, every day. We can spend an entire day at odds with each other, and when the time finally comes when daddy gets home and mommy can escape for a few moments of peace, you still fling yourself down in a screaming, crying heap of protest, sobbing out, "Mommy!" in the most pitiful, broken-hearted tones I've ever heard in my life. I both love and hate this stage, my baby. I get so excited capturing shots like this one though, just to freeze you in time. To freeze you in that pose, completely natural and relaxed, and YOU. Still-tiny toddler toes, pudgy, puffy baby hands, but such a big-boy pose on that couch. No matter what, I adore you, Teague Jackson, and I love being your mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment