Monday, March 3, 2014

The 52 Project - 9/52

Hello all,

This week, I decided to post three portraits of my boy. The first two are blurry and imperfect, the last about as good as it gets with me behind the camera :). I decided to post the first two as well, as they show me the joy my baby just exudes. I don't understand how a tiny being can be so full of joy...it seems like he just has to be bigger than his 34 pounds, 38 inches. He just fills a room with his uninhibited glee. Though his dark moods are equally as potent, and though the sound of his delighted little voice, happily chattering away with a beloved stuffed animal at 2am is the last thing I want to hear when I am trying so desperately to grasp at the few precious hours of sleep my insomnia-plagued pregnant body will allow me, it still amazes me how quickly a tiny 2-year-old's joy can lift this mommy's mood. His joy is powerful, and I can't express how grateful I am that he is here with me.



"A portrait of my son once a week, every week in 2014."

All I can say this week is that I love you, darling boy. You amaze me every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment